Hello there, How is your day going on? well, today I have brought 15 facts that will shock you about YouTube. These facts are real 100% real so, you can share it with your friends and family members. And give them a bit of knowledge about tech. This is part one and I will be publishing the path to soon maybe I will be publishing it tomorrow so be ready for it. If you have any more facts about this topic then you can present your facts on the comment section below. This is our new category where we will give you the facts about the technology.
- YouTube was established on February 14th (Valentine’s Day!), 2005 by three ex-PayPal employees in a garage.
- YouTube was planned to be a video dating site called “Tune In Hook Up” at an initial time.
- There are over one billion users on YouTube at the moment, which is nearly one-third of everyone on the Internet. (Crazy Right?)
- YouTube presented a production space in Los Angeles that is free to use – but only if you have at least 10,000 subscribers.
- Each minute, over 100 hours of video are uploaded to YouTube.
- In the year 2014, the famous YouTube star named Grumpy Cat earned more money than Gwyneth Paltrow – an Oscar-Winning Actress.
- Every April Fool’s Day, YouTube presents a caper on its millions of users.
- Apart from the United States, most YouTube views come from Saudi Arabia. This is because TV, Facebook, and Twitter are forbidden in Saudi Arabia, but YouTube is open.
- YouTube was blocked in Turkmenistan in 2009. No official reason was given. To use the internet in Turkmenistan, citizens must manifest a passport at state-run internet cafes. Also, youtube has been blocked in China since 2009. There are very strict rules for posting videos on Chinese sites well.
- Based on a 2013 study, 60% of the 1,000 most viewed YouTube videos are banned in Germany.
- The longest video on YouTube is 571 hours, 1 minute, and 41 seconds long. That’s the same as 23 days and 19 hours!
- The video to first reaches 1 billion views the fastest was Hello by Adele. It ended 1 billion views in 88 days.
- Every day, over 150 years of YouTube are watched on Facebook.
- Every minute, there are 400 tweets going to escape that include a link to a YouTube video.
- In 2011, 30% of all the videos on YouTube account for over 99% of views.
BONUS FACT: Research has shown that people just come here for spending not more than 5 minutes but the average user spends 15 to 25 minutes on YouTube per visit.